The plan has nearly reached the end of a long journey. The next step is for members of the town to vote on whether they want the plan to be become an official planning document. Read more here…
The Draft Plan is here!
The Neighbourhood Development Plan will help shape Horncastle for the next 15 years, from now until 2029, influencing your lives and those of your children. It has been prepared for you by local people on behalf of Horncastle Town Council. It is your Plan, the policies in it will affect you and it is important that you have a say on it.
You have from 3rd November until 22nd December 2014 9th January 2015 to tell us what you think.The formal public consultation has now finished. Thank you for all who responded.
The plan summary sheet, delivered to every house in Horncastle, is here: HorncastleNeighbourhoodDevelopmentPlan-SummaryDocument.pdf (1.1MB)
The draft plan is here: HorncastleNeighbourhoodDevelopmentPlan-Draft.pdf (31.5MB)
And appendix: HorncastleNeighbourhoodDevelopmentPlan-Appendix.pdf (19MB)
The online version of the questionnaire is here: Online-questionnaire. The formal public consultation has now finished.
Visit the plan information page here for all the information and supporting documents you need.
Six Ways to Comment on the Draft Plan: (The formal public consultation has now finished)
- There is a summary of the Draft Plan’s policies delivered to your house. Tear off questionnaire for you to complete and return.
- The Draft Plan with supporting documents is available on the Horncastle Neighbourhood Development Plan website www.HorncastleNeighbourhoodDevelopmentPlan.co.uk There is an electronic version of the questionnaire for you to complete online. Please complete either the paper questionnaire or the online one.
- You can send an e-mail with comments to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- You can post your responses to: Horncastle Neighbourhood Development Plan, C/O Horncastle Town Council, Hornastle Library, Wharf Road, Horncastle, LN9 5HL.
- There are paper copies of the Draft Plan and supporting documents available for you to read at Horncastle Town Council offices, the reference section at Horncastle Library, Bentons Café, The Bridge Café, Harpars Bar, Excellenté Café, Hennys Café and Captain & Cook.
- There will be six sessions over the consultation period. Come and meet members of the Neighbourhood Development Plan Steering Group to discuss the Draft Plan at:
- The Community Centre – 10am-4pm November 6th 2014
- The Stanhope Hall – 10pm am-4pm November 13th 2014
- Harpers Bar – 6am-11pm November 20th 2013
- The Community Centre – 4pm-7pm November 25th 2014
- Horncastle Christmas Market – 10 am-4pm November 30th 2014
- Stanhope Hall Tabletop Sale – 9 am-4pm December 6th 2014
Welcome! In January 2013 a Steering Group was formed to create the
Horncastle Neighbourhood Development Plan (HNDP)
A Neighbourhood Development Plan is a planning document that, when approved, will guide the future development of the area. That means it is about the use and development of land and associated social, economic and environmental issues. The Steering Group are local people who are deeply interested in and committed to a bright and prosperous future for the town. We are not part of either East Lindsey District Council or Horncastle Town Council. It’s a whole new approach to planning which recognises that the best people to say where future housing, business and community-related developments should go are the residents of the parish of Horncastle.
The Horncastle Neighbourhood Development Plan covers most aspects of the future development of our town. It’s our chance to come together as a community and decide on the kind of town we want Horncastle to be in the next 15 years, and beyond. The Plan, which you’ll be able to vote on in a referendum, will set out the types of development we believe the town needs and which sites we feel would be most appropriate for such developments. The greater the contribution from individuals and community groups, the more relevant the plan will be to the town’s future. So, take a look around the website, see the kinds of ideas being developed and then let us know your thoughts. Your contribution really is vital.
18,774 total views, 12 views today