Under the Localism Act 2011 we, the public of Horncastle, have new rights and powers to shape development in our community. For the first time ever, we can draw up a Neighbourhood Development Plan setting out what development we want to see – and what we don’t.
Read more about what the plan CAN and CAN’T do here.
Every resident can be involved in creating the Plan, and we’ll all have a chance to vote on it in a referendum. If it’s approved, it becomes a legal document that will govern all future planning decisions.
The Neighbourhood Development Plan will enable us to:
- Create a shared vision for Horncastle
- Have a say on where new homes, shops, offices and workplaces should be built.
- Protect our green spaces and historic buildings
- Influence the designs of new homes and other buildings
- Express our views on our streets and infrastructure, tourism, leisure and community facilities, and environmental issues
This is an incredibly important moment for us, our town, and our future as a community. But to make the Plan work, we needs as many people as possible to contribute to it. To find out how YOU can get involved click here.
Read about the Plan’s objectives here.
3,405 total views, 1 views today